1. First of all you need a decent photo editing program. I use Adobe Photoshop but you could use Paint Shop Pro or Gimp.
2. You then need to get the blank templates for the Asus icons. They can be found in the /opt/xandros/share/AsusLauncher/ directory or you can save the ones below.
3. You will also need to make a blank 120×120 pixel image. To do this; select File → New and then enter in 120×120 pixels and select 'transparent' in the background content drop box.
4. Now it's time to pick a graphic for the icons. I find that the easiest place to source a good quality image for an application is from wikipedia.
Example: Goto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostwire and click on the frostwire icon on the right hand side.
Note: You may need to resize the graphic so it matches the size of all the other icons already in your easy mode menu. To do this goto Image → Image size, and then change the dimensions.
5. Now you need to copy the graphic to the blank templates. To do this:
- Click on the box with the graphic in and press CTRL + A (This highlights the entire graphic).
- Then press CTRL + C to copy the graphic.
- Now click on each blank template one by one (including the transparent 120×120 image you made) and press CTRL + V (This will place the graphic in the center of the icon).
6. Save the final product as a .PNG
For details on how to add the icon to the Asus Easy Mode Menu; see How to Customize Easy Mode